Friday 13 July 2012

Gavriel.




Above, all Lola Van Vorst



Above, Teresa Oman, who I am becoming increasingly obsessed with









Cigarette Hat





Above, Gavriel and his lady friend 


Crazy Bitch


Above, Julia Nobis







Above, Me (left) and my sister Elizabeth (right)


I usually never smile in photos




This guy takes cool photos. I mean obviously, super cool. He's a Sydney photographer who has recently been recruited by the Cobrasnake but as far as I can tell, his work also includes fashion photography, shooting his model friends, running his blog:http://gavrielmaynard.blogspot.com.au and attending all of the coolest social events around town. To be able to shoot so many girls (and guys) in such compromising poses or just completely naked and then posted onto the interwebs, he's got to have some serious credibility and massively respected work. In my opinion, his work resembles that of Terry Richardson, Viktor Vauthier, Byron Spencer and Johnny's Bird photographer, Moni Haworth (though with slightly more drugs and nudity), all of who happen to be some of my favourite photographers. Surprisingly, I wasn't aware of his existence until he approached me and my sister a few weeks ago to be shot, and again last night, where I was able to uncover the depths of his talent. Gavriel Maynard is badass and I'm thinking it needs to be more widely acknowledged.

No comments:

Post a Comment